Tuesday, September 1, 2009

not today

Today I was going to do the mustache on an outing with my sister and my mom and her friend and her friend's kids to an antique store (read: junk store) far away. I thought that would be good. No one browsing in a junk store is really in a position to make fun of anyone else. And also, since it was FAR AWAY, I would definitely not see anyone I knew.
Except my mom's friend. Today I also had a GSA-related meeting that required me to get back by a certain time. "Don't tell [my friend] what you have to do later," my mom said. "Just tell her you have a meeting."
"Okay," I said, "...why?"
"I don't know if she'd be okay with the concept of GSA."
Oh.
"So I guess I probably shouldn't wear the mustache," I said.
My mom looked horrified. "No! Definitely not! She'll think that [her daughter who's about to start high school] will go to high school and get a mustache!"
I don't even know if she was joking.

"You're fagonizing* her," my sister muttered.
I think I'm fagonizing myself.



*We've been using this word to mean "antagonizing someone by being too gay, whatever that means." Thank you Courtney.

No comments:

Post a Comment